CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Surfer Girl

Since I promised to try and make my workouts fun I decided that surfing today would be the best way to mix in some fun with a great cardio / arm workout. I am definitely getting the hang of this surfing thing!


A few tips I've picked up on that I wish I knew the first dozen times I tried surfing:

When you are trying to get up, from your stomach to your feet DO NOT put any weight on your knees, you've got to lunge one leg forward and then just stand up, if you put any weight on your knees it's a done deal!!

Also, put your hands flat in front of your face, palms down like you're doing a pushup. Do not hold on to the sides, that just makes your weight get all shifty up front and you'll fall!

So those are my little pointers. They've worked for me anyway!

Between all of the swimming, pushups, and lunges I definitely feel like I got a great workout today and had a blast at the same time! The accountant in me was curious about how many calories I burned surfing for an hour today (I know, the numbers again)! I found this little tool to come in quite handy - a Fitness Calculator! Love this tool, I'm using it all the time now! I wonder how many calories I burned laying on the beach tanning the rest of the afternoon?? And yes I did use my spf 45!

1 comments:

K said...

too fun, that sounds like my idea of a good workout!!! you are such a cool girl :)