CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've reached my First Goal!!

When I started this blog I wanted desperately to fit into my super cute skinny jeans. You know that pair of jeans we all cling to with fond memories. I wanted them to fit, to be able to actually button them up and still be able to sit down in them. Here is my original post:

I know the title of my blog sounds a little ........what's the word ........... superficial, but I swear it's for a good cause, with good intentions.

I have always been a healthy inshape kind of girl but somehow in the few months that I've been married that part of me is slipping away. My boo can eat as much of whatever, whenever and not gain an ounce. I like hanging out with him so much that I've been missing workouts. And now that we've moved to a place where healthy living is a vital part of the community I am trying to put an emphasis on that part of my life again.

Having goals is important, and I have never been the kind of person who likes to pay too much attention to a number on a scale. I think it is way more important to pay attention to how you look and feel on the inside and outside. So rather than make my goal to be loose xx amounts of pounds or weigh a certain amount I have decided my goal for now is to look great in my skinny jeans. Hence the title.


Now they fit and I am stoked! I am stoked, my husband is stoked, we are all stoked! My husband actually said I look better at 30 than I did at 17 when we met! What an amazing compliment!

I have set out a few new goals now.
#1. Maintain the weight - now that I feel great inside and out I want to stay this way and the best way to do that is monitor the scale. I have been doing the weigh in on the 1st and the 15th of the month.
#2. Run a half marathon this Fall - this will help me continue to add distance to my runs and build my endurance.
#3. Motivate others - ya, you!

0 comments: