CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Calorie Counting

Yes, I am that person. I have started counting calories! I was working out a lot, and just not really seeing the results I had expected. So I was talking to my trainer about it, and listing what I was eating. And belive it or not, but my trainer actually said that it sounded like I wasn't eating enough! She's also a nutritionist and an amazing athlete who wouldn't let anyone she's working with start starving themselves to lose weight.


She suggested I actually write everything down to make sure I'm getting enough calories. If you are working out a lot, and not eating enough, your body goes into a starvation mode and starts burning muscle instead of fat because it's easier. I really felt like I was eating enough, I never felt hungry, so I thought everything was good.


My trainer suggested I shoot for about 1,200 calories a day. I thought for sure I was eating that much, if not more. So I started writing down everything, and measuring everything for two weeks. And I was absolutely shocked to find that on most days I was eating less that 1,000 calories. And that most of the calories I was getting was from carb's - bad! I have noticed I'm not getting enough protein in my diet, or enough fruits and vegetables.


I can't wait to take it to my trainer today and get a well-balanced healthy diet that will allow me to start burning fat when I workout instead of storing it!

1 comments:

K said...

Awesome! How nice would that be to have someone tell me that I need to eat MORE :) Thanks for still motivating me!